Hillsdale Neighborhood Association
May 4, 2011
Location: St. Barnabus (2201 SW Vermont)
Note: No board meeting in May.
April’s Action Items:
2011-4-1: ADA Compliant Trail in Stephens Creek Park: A motion was made by Don Baack and seconded: “The Hillsdale Neighborhood Association requests that Portland Parks and Recreation make the Stephens Creek Park trail compliant with standards of the Americans With Disabilities Act.” The motion was discussed and passed by a vote of 12 in favor and one opposed.
2011-4-2: Restore view corridors on Terwilliger Parkway: A motion was made by Richard Stein and seconded: “The Hillsdale Neighborhood Association members support the restoration of view corridors within Terwilliger Parkway through the removal of selected trees and brush to enhance the Parkway, in light of and in time for the Centennial celebration of the Parkway in 2012. Commissioner of Parks Nick Fish will be informed of our support by the HNA Co-Chairs.” The motion was discussed and passed unanimously.
2011-4-3: Capitol Highway improvements: A motion was made by Don Baack and seconded: “The Hillsdale Neighborhood Association supports the long-term funding for Capitol Highway improvement provided that it is financially supported by the adjacent property owners.” The motion was discussed and passed unanimously.
2011-4-4: Tri Met garbage can maintenance: A motion was made by Arnold Panitch and seconded: “Whereas the Tri-Met transit garbage can at Stop #963, corner of SW Capitol Highway and SW Nebraska, is not now maintained. And whereas Capitol Coffee Shop and Caffe Autogrill are now closed and no one is cleaning said garbage can. And whereas Arnold Panitch, a Capitol Highway resident, is willing to keep the can cleaned and new 45-gallon bags installed on a timely basis. And whereas Tri-Met will remove an untended can. And whereas Mr. Panitch has been training other residents in his absence in the fine art of garbage-can cleaning. Therefore, be it resolved that Arnold Panitch is designated by the Hillsdale Neighborhood Association as its Stop #963 Tri-Met garbage can cleaner.” The motion was discussed and passed unanimously.
A G E N D A
7:00 p.m. Opening & approval of agenda: 7 minutes; self-introductions
- Approval of previous meeting minutes: 3 minutes (April 2011)
7:10 p.m. Portland Budget Mapping Presentation
- Lisa Shaw, City of Portland, Financial Planning
7:35 p.m. HNA Committee Reports (2-5 minutes; verbal or written; EXCEPT 6-8 minutes each for Transportation and Main Street in May)
- Parks: Dan Jenkins
- SWNI: Carolyn Raz
- good Schools Committee: Michael Reunert
- Transportation Committee: Glenn Bridger
- SW Trails: Don Baack
- Land Use Notices & Issues: Duane Hunting, Mikal Apenes
- Hillsdale Business & Professional Association: Richard Garfinkle, Rick Seifert
- Hillsdale Alliance: Glenn Bridger
- Hillsdale Main Street : Jim Stutts (on agenda above)
- Neighborhood Emergency Teams, John Morris
8:15 p.m. Food Front Update and Q&A
- Guests: board and staff from Food Front
8:35 p.m. Nominating Committee
- Discuss June Elections, solicit any additional nominations
8:45 p.m. Proposed SWNI Grant: Mural at Capitol Highway and Terwilliger
- Angela Marino, muralist
8:55 p.m. New Business, Announcements
- SW Tool Library, Honey O’Connor
9:00 p.m. Adjourn
Announcements and Future Potential Action Items
- “Local Landscapes” Discussion with Prof. Reiko Hillyer at The Watershed, May 11, Doors Open/Refreshments 6:30, Presentation at 7pm: info, Judith Baker
- Support the Schools Letter on Crossing Safety at Bertha and Vermont: Rieke PTA
- Further discussion on role of property owner assessments related to sidewalk construction: Transportation Committee / Wes Risher
- New Tree Code: Invite City staff to provide overview: Dan Jenkins (June or July)
- Request Fred Meyer landscape work at former Hollywood Video location: Wes Risher