Hillsdale Neighborhood Association Meeting
Wednesday March 2, 2016
St. Barnabas Episcopal Church
A G E N D A
7:00 pm Opening, Agenda Review & February’s Meeting Minutes Approval.
Note: Remember to sign-in on the Meeting’s Sign-In Sheet, as this is our method to confirm the Hillsdale Neighborhood Association membership.
7:05 pm Introductions
7:10 pm Treasurer’s Report: Don Baack
7:15 pm Review/Approval: Board of Director’s Pending Motions.
Good Neighbor Agreement with Wilson High School, etc.
7:30 pm Board Discussion: Potential New HNA Board Members.
Matt Emlen and others (replacement for Carolyn Raz)
7:40 pm Presentation: Google Fiber-Optic Cable Plan in Hillsdale: Desmond Murry
7:55 pm Announcement: Boys & Girls Society: Elizabeth Vrooman
8:00 pm Neighborhood Affairs & Informational Reports
- Schools: Michael Reunert
- Hillsdale Business & Professional Association: Richard Garfinkle
- Transportation & SWNI: Eric Wilhelm & Glenn Bridger
- Hillsdale Alliance: Sheila Fink & Glenn Bridger
- Land Use Notices & Issues (*): Duane Hunting
- SW Trails & Parks: Don Baack
8:30 pm Briefly Review Strategic Planning Topic Ideas (*)
- Improved Transit Access (TriMet) and Community Connectivity.
- Business Growth and Development of Shops and Services.
- Neighborhood Character and Hillsdale Identity Enhancements.
- Other topics and betterment ideas – for new HNA Action Plan items.
8:50 pm Other Announcements (*)
9:00 pm Adjournment
(*) Refer to backside of this agenda for more information on these items.
1) Land Use Notice (Type II Proposal) #LU 15-267919 AD (Golden Touch):
Notice Update for adjusted Zoning Map change and extended comment period.
Site Address: 8124 SW Barbur Blvd.
Extended Written Comment Deadline: Thursday, March 10, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
Note: HNA submitted our original letter on Tuesday, February 16, 2016, including (a) agreement with Building Height Increase, (b) agreement with Building Coverage Increase, but (c) Exception to Reduction to Ground Level Site Area Landscape Coverage.
Other Project Improvements, included: Bike Lanes & Traffic Signal, Crosswalk & Curb Cuts, Underground Utilities, Street & Freeway noise Mitigation, Plug-in Power for Bikes & Cars, Building Entrance Doors & Openers, Drinking Fountain, Dog Areas, Roof Gardens & Raised Beds, Accessible Bathrooms & Walk-in Showers, and Affordable Housing for at least 10% of the 223 dwelling units.
ACTION: HNA to determine if any further comments should be issued to BDS.
2) HNA Board Member Retreat (pending): Several HNA Board Members have suggested a retreat to develop a Strategic Planning Topics Outline (Action Plan) to identify and pin point those look ahead planning areas where HNA should focus.
Date & Place: To Be Determined.
3) Announcements: Below are a few of the upcoming events from SWNI & others.
PortlandMaps (new version) – presentation and discussion at SWNI offices:
Monday, February 29, 2016, from 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm.
Residential Infill Project (RIP) Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC) meeting #8:
Tuesday, March 1, 2016, 6:00 – 8:30 pm at 1900 SW 4th Avenue, Portland, OR.
Patty Lee Leadership Training at Multnomah Arts Center, Room 30:
Saturday, March 5, 2016, 9:00 am – Noon.
Register: http://swni.org/Leadership Training
Westside Candidates Forum at Multnomah Arts Center, 7688 SW Capitol Hwy.
Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 6:15 – 8:45 pm.
Confirmation from 11 candidates including Ted Wheeler, Jules Bailey, Amanda Fritz, and Steve Novick.
Topics Survey: www.surveymonkey.com/r/JGWV35W
Mayor Charles Hales – Online Source for Information on Homelessness Initiatives: